On February 14, 2014, the Federal Trade Commission announced that it will host a Public Workshop Examining U.S. Health Care Competition on March 20-21 in Washington, DC. The FTC is looking to “better understand the competitive dynamics of evolving health care product and service markets.” The workshop and corresponding request for public comments are focused on 5 key topics:
1. Professional regulation of Health Care Providers
2. Innovations in Health Care Delivery
3. Advancements in Health Care Technology
4. Measuring and Assessing Quality of Health Care
5. Price Transparency of Health Care Services
The FTC will accept written comments through April 30, 2014. The notice and details on questions for public comment are available in the Federal Register.